Clone Hero is undoubtedly one of the most popular music rhythm video games released way back in 2017. The only reason why Clone Hero became an instant hit is it was a clone of the massively popular Guitar Hero franchise. When you download Clone Hero and play it, you would not be able to differentiate between Guitar Hero and Clone Hero.
Yes, you read that right! The gameplay of Clone Hero is exactly as same as Guitar Hero franchise. What makes Clone Hero quite popular among the users is its ability to play community made songs. Before you download Clone Hero, let’s read a brief description about its gameplay.
Clone Hero Gameplay
Those who have played Guitar Hero must have an idea what this game is all about. There are thousands of players who were shocked when they downloaded Clone Hero and played it for the first time. They termed Clone Hero a duplicate version of popular entries in the Guitar Hero series such as World Tour and Warriors of Rock.
The gameplay is all about hitting colored inputs on a guitar or a controller — which looks like a drum — to play along to songs. The best thing about Clone Hero is the colored inputs can be mapped to a keyboard or multiple input device. Unlike the Guitar Hero, you would not need to pay any penalty if you miss any notes in Clone Hero.
In order to use Guitar, players should hold specific buttons lining up with combinations of five colored notes appearing on the screen on a “highway”. When it hit the bottom of the highway, the player must strum to hit the notes in time with the music. For the uninformed, Notes can be singular or multiple at the same time.
As we have mentioned above, players in Clone Hero can play community made songs, which is called ‘Charts’. Unlike Guitar Hero franchise, it is not mandatory for songs to be original compositions. Yes, players can play any audio file a member of the community asks to turn into a playable chart.
Clone Hero Latest Update V0.23.2.2
The creator of Hero Clone had recently dropped a new update, fixing numerous bugs and glitches. Here are all fixes that the creator of the game made in the latest update.
- Fixed scanning hang after the game enumerates file system by optimizing string comparisons.
- Added back in v.23.2 build tags, and add back in v.22 build tags in the past build tag list.
- Fixed sorting after song is played
- Removed midifix reference in badsongs
- Added more state logging for scanning
- Fixed typos
How To Download Clone Hero?
Downloading Clone Hero in 2021 is straightforward. However, if you don’t know how to do it the follow the given steps.
- Visit the official Clone Hero website.
- Click on the download button.
- When you click on it, you will be shown a Download file, depending on what platform you are using.
- You simply need to click on Download option.
- When you do so, the game will automatically start downloading.
- Once downloaded, you will need to add a bunch of custom made charts for adding and playing songs in your library.
- Tweak some audio and video settings on your PC.
- Make sure to visit the official site from time to time because they often drop a new update.
If you have not yet downloaded Clone Hero for PC then you can download it by clicking on this link.